After his excellent comedy-drama Drinking Buddies, starring Olivia Wilde and Jake Johnson, was released last year to some positive acclaim, writer/director Joe Swanberg is back with his latest effort Happy Christmas, which has already garnered some positive buzz on the festival circuit this year. Irresponsible 20-something Jenny (Anna Kendrick, Pitch Perfect) arrives in Chicago to …
Signal boosting a few weeks after the OP, but here’s all trailer/release info for HAPPY CHRISTMAS!
Tonight kicks off the opening of the 6th Annual Chicago Independent Movies & Music (CIMM) festival.
Screening this evening is the world premiere of We Grew Up Here, a full-length feature film by XV In The Dark featuring the music of Paper Thick Walls. I performed the post-production sound editing & final audio mix.
For more info, click here.
Premiere date/time announced for “We Grew Up Here” at the 2014 CIMM Fest!
Thursday May 1 at 7p
Society For Arts
1112 N Milwaukee, Chicago
I’m handling the sound design and mix of this film.
Local label Artistic Integrity Records has just released a special tribute compilation to The Get Up Kids.
At the tail end of last year, my band Emblems recorded an acoustic cover of “Overdue” and it made their cut. Even though there aren’t any drums, I did mix our song.
Magnolia Pictures and Paramount Pictures are teaming on distribution for comedy-drama “Happy Christmas,” which will have its world premiere Sunday at the Sundance Film Festival. The film is directed by Joe Swanberg (Drinking Buddies)…
HAPPY CHRISTMAS has its world-premiere screening this Sunday at Sundance, and will do so as this year’s first festival buy!
As we prepare for “Chi-beria” to set in, my January is heating up:
- Sun Jan 5 — (Tonight!) Emblems at Quenchers Saloon in Bucktown, Chicago (with Dan Mariska & The Boys Choir, Birches)
- Fri Jan 10 — Emblems at Durty Nellie’s in Palatine IL
- Thurs Jan 30 — The Chicago premiere of Joe Swanberg’s Happy Christmas (I contributed sound editing) at Music Box Theater in Chicago IL
- Fri Jan 31 — Emblems at Reggie’s in South Loop, Chicago (with The Seen, The Magnetic Reels)
- ALL month long — Photography on display at Native Foods Cafe in Wicker Park, Chicago
Catch you around town!
(photo by Chiberia on DeviantArt)