Local label Artistic Integrity Records has just released a special tribute compilation to The Get Up Kids.
At the tail end of last year, my band Emblems recorded an acoustic cover of “Overdue” and it made their cut. Even though there aren’t any drums, I did mix our song.
Magnolia Pictures and Paramount Pictures are teaming on distribution for comedy-drama “Happy Christmas,” which will have its world premiere Sunday at the Sundance Film Festival. The film is directed by Joe Swanberg (Drinking Buddies)…
HAPPY CHRISTMAS has its world-premiere screening this Sunday at Sundance, and will do so as this year’s first festival buy!
As we prepare for “Chi-beria” to set in, my January is heating up:
- Sun Jan 5 — (Tonight!) Emblems at Quenchers Saloon in Bucktown, Chicago (with Dan Mariska & The Boys Choir, Birches)
- Fri Jan 10 — Emblems at Durty Nellie’s in Palatine IL
- Thurs Jan 30 — The Chicago premiere of Joe Swanberg’s Happy Christmas (I contributed sound editing) at Music Box Theater in Chicago IL
- Fri Jan 31 — Emblems at Reggie’s in South Loop, Chicago (with The Seen, The Magnetic Reels)
- ALL month long — Photography on display at Native Foods Cafe in Wicker Park, Chicago
Catch you around town!
(photo by Chiberia on DeviantArt)
(Photo: Matthew Stevens, left, and Lindsey Miller restructure her cello part on the fly.)
Continued tracking last night on Emblems’ 3-song demo EP! (…or maybe it’s a digital 7” with a hidden track?)
Drums were done last week at Spectra Mobile Recording Unit in McKinley Park, Chicago, and we laid down all the instruments downtown at Vagabond Audio. I didn’t close the studio down until 3am.
Vocals and mixing are all that’s left before we can (hopefully) get these up before our Phantom Phest gig on Tuesday October 29 with Dr Manhattan.
(*Production stills linked from http://www.magpictures.com/drinkingbuddies)
Starting at MIDNIGHT tonight, Drinking Buddies is available on iTunes & other VOD services. It will begin to hit select theaters on August 23, 2013.
This project was an absolute thrill to be a part of, and I’m grateful for the impact—both personally & professionally—the film had on my life at the time Vagabond worked on it.
Can’t wait to attend the premiere party tomorrow night and give toast to the production!